Skip to main content

March/April Newsletter

Just press the GIVE TO down arrow and select,
Don Whitney Ministries.
10th Year Anniversary
10th Year Anniversary
This month Don and I celebrate 10 years of ministry and 10 years of marriage. It has been an amazing journey with our Abba Father leading and guiding us. As I write this letter, I’m thanking and praising God for all that He has accomplished through us in the short 6 1/2 years we have been here in Cambodia. Sometimes it's hard to tell how much is actually being accomplished especially since we don't know much of the language, which we find most difficult.

At times, when the enemy tries to tell us that we’re just not accomplishing much here, I can hear God’s voice saying out loud...“Augt Te devil (No in Khmer) ...you are sooo wrong.” The tentacles of this ministry to the poor, uneducated and underprivileged in this nation of Cambodia, are farther reaching than we will ever know in our lifetimes. Glory to God.
Do The Math...!
We just returned last week from Chum Kiri, one of our newer schools. We are seeing many lives transformed through the teaching of God’s Word.      

This school of 28 students already has 6 students that are each teaching a once a week cell groupin each of their own villages by using what they have learned at School the previous month.

An average of 10, attend each of these weekly cell groups. If you do the math, that’s 60 more students plus the original class of 28, making it 85 students that are being ‘equipped for the work of the ministry’ each month. And that’s just from the efforts of one school. Interesting that it was at this school that in early February, 18 students were baptized in the power of the Holy Spirit. To God be the Glory!!! 

During our 6 1/2 years in Cambodia, God has helped us establish15 two-yearBible Schools in various rural areas. Over 550+ students have processed through these schools and become better preachers, teachers and evangelist.That’s just the numbers we know about. Many lives have been transformed after and during these two years of school. Students have graduated with more confidence and boldness to serve and witness for Christ, thus the gospel keeps reaching out all across Cambodia.

Here are a few testimonies from the various schools
Mahey is a student
Although crippled from childhood, Mahey, is faithful to attend Bible School each month. She stands out from the rest of the class as one can see that she has had physical issues to conquer. She either sits on the floor for balance or stands bent forward to praise and worship God. She also teaches and shares what she has learned at Bible school back in her village home church. Her contagious smile, singing and clapping of her hands is an example and inspiration to those around her, making them want to praise this amazing God too. 

Nget Samoll – Policeman and New instructor 
"Thank you, Lord for The House Cambodia Bible Schools. There
are many different churches coming together to attend Bible School. I
began attending in 2016, but I am policeman, so could only attend 2 of the 3 days because of my work. I told Pastor Bunreth that I had a vision to start Bible School in my area. He encouraged me to study and attend Leadership meetings in 2017.

Now God has made the way to have Bible School. First month of school 30 people have joined and the students are excited. I have committed myself to teach the true Word of God. Thank
you for bringing Bible School here." 
Now I Am Soldier For God...
Student
“I was in the army. Had lots of money and bad friends, always in Karaoke. When I come home, I drunk and violence with family. My life is changed now. Everyone amazed at change. God changed me. Now I am soldier for God. My wife was afraid of me and afraid to tell me she was Christian. I began to see change in her. She invite me to Bible School. I saw the love of people. I thought this God is better than who I served before, so I decided to give my life to Jesus. My life completely changed from violence at home and worshipping idols. I am commander, one of my officers was possessed by demon. Jesus help me to cast out the demon when I prayed for him. I realized Jesus is powerful... realized that Bible is more than just a book. Now I have more boldness to share my life and the Gospel. 
Now my problems are smaller... Student at end of year ceremonies
'For me I attend THC Bible School for 10 months. I have been to other schools but not feel I am older in spirit. Now in just 10 months I feel older. I had many problems with everyone. But now my problems are smaller because the courses touched my heart to make me stronger and change my life. Thank you for bringing school to Cambodia countryside, for those who cannot go to Phnom Penh. I tell everyone come join us for spiritual food. Thank you Jesus, my problems now gone."
Pulling out the suitcases...
It's time to start packing again for our trip to the states. With all the traveling that we do, the old suitcases are still holding up. Praise be to our Father!

We are working on our itinerary and will post a calendar showing where we'll be. Hope to see as many of you as we can. The best part of coming back is about family and friends catching up. Our stay in the Modesto area will be between May 15th and Sept 1st when we fly back. Send us an email whitneyoutreachdm@gmail.comif you'd like to set a time to get together. Love and miss you all.
Join us and store up some treasure in heaven!
Someone once said..."The way you store up treasure in heaven is by investing in getting people there."

Don and I want to thank all of our partners who have stuck with us through the years since we've been on God's call to His mission field. These 10 years have flown by. So much has been accomplished and yet there is so much more to do.

We thank you for the honor of your partnership, in making a difference together for God's Kingdom.


Currently we are needing to build our monthly support due to higher prices and growing ministry needs. If you haven't already, we invite you to join us. Your monthly support will make an impact in the lives of many.

Your Missionaries,

Don and Maria Whitney
Outreach Ministries
Just press the GIVE TO down arrow and select, Don Whitney Ministries.

or

Mail to:
Whitney Outreach Ministries
P.O. Box 578074
Modesto, CA 95357

All gifts are tax deductible

P.S. We welcome your emails at:

Whitney Outreach Ministries | whitneyoutreachdm@gmail.com | www.whitneyministries.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular Posts